Simplex 1000 Programming Instructions
The door must be open.
On models with the passage feature, make sure the passage feature is disengaged: turn knob or key should be in vertical position (A) (see figure 15-1).
1. Insert the DF-59 control key (B) into the combination change plug assembly (C) and unscrew the cylinder by turning the key counterclockwise. Remove the combination change plug to gain access to the combination change sleeve (see figure 15-1).
2. Turn the outside knob once clockwise (all the way, until it stops) then release. The latch should not retract (see figure 15-2).
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, use the factory-set combination: depress 2 and 4 simultaneously, (release), then 3 (release). You should feel a slight click as each button is depressed.
4. Insert the spanner wrench as shown in Figure 15-3 to engage the combination change sleeve (A). Gently turn the spanner wrench clockwise to the stop position (a slight click should be felt), then turn the spanner wrench counterclockwise to the stop position (A) (see figure 15-4). Remove the spanner wrench.
5. Turn the outside knob once clockwise all the way until it stops, then release. The latch should not retract (see figure 15-5).
6. Choose your new combination, write it down, then enter the new combination — depress buttons care-fully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed). At least 3 digits are recommended in the code.
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can depress two or more buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination. At least 3 digits are recommended in the code.
7. Turn the outside knob clockwise once, all the way, until it stops, hold in position and make sure the latch is retracted (see figure 15-6). Release the knob.
8. Turn the knob clockwise again to the stop position. At this point, the latch (A) should not retract unless you enter the new combination (see figure 15-7).
9. Resecure the combination change plug assembly by screwing it in clockwise with the DF-59 key — do not overtighten (see figure 15-8). Remove the key and store it in a secure area with these instructions and the spanner wrench.