Simplex 8100 Programming Instructions
FOR YOUR SECURITY, THE COMBINATION MUST BE CHANGED.
The door must be open.
On models with the passage feature, make sure the passage feature is disengaged: turn knob or key should be in vertical position.
1. Remove tamper proof allen screw (A) using (B) tamper proof allen wrench item “E” from check list (see Figure 12-1).
2. Turn the outside lever once to the stop position then release (see Figure 12-3).
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, use the factory-set combination: depress 2 and 4 simultaneously, release, and then 3. You should feel a slight click as each button is depressed.
4. Insert the pick tool (C) as shown in Figure 12-2 (a slight click should be felt). Gently depress pick tool in hole.
5. Turn the outside lever once to the stop position then release (see Figure 12-3).
6. Choose your new combination, write it down, then enter the new combination – depress buttons carefully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed).
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can depress two or more buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination.
7. Turn the outside lever once, all the way, until it stops, hold in position and make sure the latch is retracted fully (A). Release the lever. Turn the key again to the stop position. At this point, the latch should not retract unless you enter the new combination (see Figure 12-3).
8. Resecure antitamper screw into housing (see Figure 12-4).