Simplex 9600 Programming Instructions
The door must be open.
1. Turn the knob left until it stops – do not force; release.
2. Enter the existing combination. If this is you first time, then the existing combination is factory: press buttons 2 and 4 at the same time; release, press button 3; release. YOu must feel distinctive clicks to know that the buttons are pressed correctly.
3. Put a small screwdriver in the notch in the back plate of the lock, and push the slide into the lock as far as it will go (See Figure below). Remove screw driver.
4. Turn the knob left to clear out the old combination. Release knob.
5. Enter your new combination carefully – be sure to feel the distinctive clicks to know that the buttons are pressed correctly.
6. Turn the knob right to set your new combination.
7. Try your new combination with the door open and make sure your combination is set properly.