Simplex EE1000 Programming Instructions
The door must be open.
The combination for the outside and inside locks must be changed independently. Follow the same procedure for the outside and inside.
1. Use the torx anti-tamper tool bit provided item “G” on checklist to remove the tamperproof screw from the top of the pushbutton housing (see Figure 13-1).
2. Turn the knob clockwise to the stop position, then release.
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, enter the factory-set combination: depress buttons 2 and 4 simultaneously (release), then depress button 3 (release). You should feel a
“click” as each button is depressed.
4. Insert the pick provided (item “K” on checklist) through the screw hole and lightly depress the slide inside — you will feel a slight “click”. Remove the pick (see Figure 13-2).
5. Turn the knob clockwise all the way until it stops, then release.
6. Choose your new combination, write it down, then enter the new combination — press buttons carefully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed) (see Figure 13-3).
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can press two buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination.
7. Turn the knob clockwise once, to the stop position, hold in position and make sure the latch is retracted. Release the knob. Turn the knob clockwise again to the stop position. At this point, the latch should not retract unless you enter the new combination (see Figure 13-4).
8. Replace the tamperproof screw in the top of the lock unit.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 for other side of door.