Simplex L1000 Programming Instructions
The door must be open.
On models with the passage feature, make sure the passage feature is disengaged: turn lever or key should be in vertical position (A).
1. Insert the DF-59 (B) control key into the combination change plug assembly (C) and unscrew the cylinder by turning the key counterclockwise. Remove the combination change plug to gain access to the combination change sleeve (see Figure 14-1).
2. Turn the outside lever once to the stop position then release. The latch should not retract (see Figure 14-2).
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, use the factory-set combination: depress 2 and 4 simultaneously, (release), then 3 (release). You should feel a slight click as each button is depressed.
4. Insert the spanner wrench as shown in Figure 14-3 to engage the combination change sleeve (A). Gently turn the spanner wrench clockwise to the stop position (a slight click should be felt), then turn the spanner wrench counterclockwise to the stop position (A) (see Figure 14-4). Remove the spanner wrench.
5. Turn the outside lever once to the stop position then release. The latch should not retract (see Figure 14-2).
6. Choose your new combination, write it on page 24, then enter the new combination — depress buttons carefully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed).
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can depress two or more buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination. At least 3 digits are recommended in the code.
7. Turn the outside lever once, all the way, until it stops, hold in position and make sure the latch is retracted fully (A). (See Figure 14-5). Release the lever.
8. Turn the lever again to the stop position. At this point, the latch should not retract unless you enter the new combination (see Figure 14-6).
9. Resecure the combination change plug assembly by screwing it in clockwise with the DF-59 key — do not overtighten (see Figure 14-7). Remove the key and store it in a secure area with these instructions and the spanner wrench.