Simplex LP1000 Programming Instructions
The door must be open.
1. Remove the tamperproof screw (A) from the lock housing using the special bit wrench (B) provided (see Figure 7-1).
2. Turn the lever once all the way until it stops, then release (see Figure 7-2).
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, use the factory-set combination: depress 2 and 4 simultaneously, (release), then 3 (release). You should feel a slight click as each button is
4. Insert the special pick (C) provided with lock through the screw hole and depress the slide inside. A slight click will be felt. Do not use excessive force. Remove the special pick (see Figure 7-4).
5. Turn the outside lever once to the stop position then release (see Figure 7-2).
6. Choose your new combination, write it down, then enter the new combination — depress buttons carefully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed) (see Figure 7-5).
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can depress two or more buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination.
7. Turn the lever once, (all the way until it stops), hold in position and check if latch is retracted (see Figure 7-6). Release the lever. Turn the lever one more time to stop position. At this point, the latch should not retract unless you use the new combination.
8. Use the special bit wrench (B) to tightly reinstall the tamperproof screw (A) in the housing (see Figure 7-7).